Monday, August 06, 2007

Visit with Granny.

After our sky dive on Saturday, Mary, Eliza, Tori and I went the rest of the way down to Waynesboro to visit with Granny.

Granny had a couple of things that she wanted me to check for her. The oil in the car, the fluid levels and what not. I topped up the windshield fluid for her, but the rest looked great. Her car doesn't have 3000 miles on it yet. She also wanted me to check her downstairs toilet. It had a flapper problem. That was an easy fix. Replace the flapper.

She is doing very well these days. She says she still hurts, but is doing the best she can. We visited for a while, then went out to "linner" with her. After eating we stopped by the Lowes and I went in and found a new flapper for the toilet. She of course insisted on paying for it. So when we got back to her house, we had a little toilet repair class for Granny and my daughters. Really simple fix. I talked them all through the repair, showed them how to turn off the water, remove the old worn out part, and how to put the new one back on.

Like I told them, and easy fix. Now Granny can use the downstairs toilet and not have to travel all the way back upstairs.

It was a good visit. It was very good to see her and she was very glad to see us.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Dang, she must use a lot of windshield washer fluid!!! We just filled it up for her on our last visit a few weeks ago.

Glad you had a good visit!