Thursday, April 28, 2011

Freecycling Plants

If you haven't tried your local Freecycling group, I wholly recommended it!

This week I gave away periwinkle, strawberry plants, asters, sun-chokes, lots of chocolate mint, creeping euonamous,  black-eyed-susans and ornamental grass.

I put the post on Freecycle, and had about 20 people interested.  With the bounty of my gardens I had plenty to give away for everyone who could come by to get it.  I met lots of interesting people, all eager to have free plants.  These are plants that have multiplied so much they were taking over paths, and trying to escape enclosures.  Giving them away gave Mary and I lots of "plant Karma".  Hopefully they grow well for the people that received them.

Some of the Freecyclers were very impressed with our gardens, and wanted to know more about what we are doing.  Mary suggested having a gathering of people who are interested and giving a more in-depth tour.  So we are setting that up too.

Looking forward to sharing more knowledge of what can be done!

No comments: