Saturday, April 14, 2007

Another section of Sheet Mulch

I spent a good while today doing more sheet mulching.
It is really neat how all of that material goes in, and eventually I'll have rich dark loamy topsoil to grow things in! Amazing.

I worked from about 7:30 this morning until 1:30, taking breaks for lunch and snacks. It looks really good, and when Mary gets back from visiting Liza, I'll take a picture for you!

Yesterday I got the granny-smith apple tree planted, and the six thornless blackberries. I hope they make it! They looked half dead, but then again, they are ship in dormant states. I also got 35 or so asparagus plants tucked into the ground. We should have a good area of asparagus in the next couple of years. Yummy!

The garden is really coming along. I'm so happy with the way things are turning out. It is amazing that the work I've done previously on the perennials has the garden beautiful already, and it was work that I don't have to do again! Yeah! Now I have to get the materials for the kiwi trellis and get that going before the kiwi get here. Always something to do, eh?

I've been enjoying being lazy and reading for the rest of the afternoon. I did manage to get to the commissary and get the cereals that the kids asked for. I hope they enjoy it! Super sweet sugar coated sugar! Not what I want to be eating.

No comments: