Tuesday, February 17, 2009

spoons

Wooden Spoons, that is.

I've carved several, and I'm getting pretty good at it. Also got lost in facebook. Way too much fun there.

I've been keeping it simple and really just enjoying life.

I spent last weekend taking care of sick family and getting a few garden beds weeded and ready for planting. Did you know that if periwinkle gets away from you it can take over an entire bed in a single summer? I didn't know that. I'll pay much closer attention to it this summer!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I found you thru Rhonda at down to earth, who I want to grow up to be. I'm already in my 50's, so don't know when that will be! I haven't had a chance to read through all of your posts, but I'm very impressed by what you are doing to simplify. I am especially intrigued by you growing your own mushrooms. It sounds like a good project for me to try. I too have just learned to can and was blessed to have a good neighbor with a tree full of pears that he had no interest in, so I made pear honey, jam, brandied pears and shredded some to make pies. Many of the canned items went to co-workers for Christmas, but I did manage to eat a few jars myself.
Keep up the inspiring work that you are doing. I look forward to reading about all of your adventures.