Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

I usually give thanks every day for the joys in my life, but today I'll write about some of them. I try to make it a practice to recognize 3 joys to be thankful for every day.

I'm thankful for the health of my family and friends.
For a fantastic relationship that my wife and built over the last 5 years since we met.
For the nephew's 3 brain surgeries that went so well, and have (fingers crossed) halted his seizures forever.
For the beautiful colors of the trees at this time of year.
For enough to feed, clothe and sustain my family.
For our plant-based whole-foods diet, which has improved all of our health.
For the knowledge that we have and are able to share on this wondrous thing called the internet.
For the ability to be able to turn off the TV, change radio stations, and choose not to read advertisements in whatever form they try to get to us. And the right not to fill our house with stuff that does not make us happy.
For the library, so we don't have to pay for all of those books that we like to read.
For the simple joys of living in a world that is basically neutral, it is the people who sometimes aren't.
For being able to choose the best path for me, and the support I have from family and friends in those decisions.
For the simple life.
For living below our means, so that we can save money for what we dream of doing.
For living.
For simple meditation time.
For slow walks around the neighborhood with Mary.
For the loving and gentle teasing and play that Mary and I have together.
For hugs from my 14 year-old twins. (Still!)

No comments: