Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday night dinner

I made pinto beans in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I soaked the beans last night, rinsed them this morning, and then chopped an onion, tossed in some garlic, a few dashes of salt, a couple of cubes of veg bullion and turned it on high for the day. When I got home 10 hours later, the house smelled of beans, onions and garlic.
I had planned to make cornbread to go with the beans, but remembered that corn cakes were easier for everyone to handle, and didn't require heating the oven, either. So I made a double batch of corn cakes to go with the beans. A very yummy dinner for when my darling wife gets home from her grad school, and slog through the evening traffic.

The twins are planning a part for Saturday night, so I will need to go shopping tomorrow for the supplies. It should be a good time.

Mary is HOME!

No comments: