Thursday, November 15, 2007

You gotta be careful...

Cooking dinner. Stoves are HOT! I accidentally touched a hot burner with my left hand, and my reflexes took over. My arm shot almost straight up and banged really hard on the range hood. Those things are not dull. I have a cut about a half inch long on the back of my hand, right along the tendon/vein, just before the knuckle. So every time I went to grasp something, the wound comes open. Mary called the Navy clinic, and the doctor called me back, authorized me to go to an urgent care clinic up in Pasadena, since the Navy clinic had already closed for the afternoon. I'm patiently waiting for my appointment time to come up (9:10 pm) so that I can get this thing either glued, or sewn shut. Really shouldn't take long, but serious enough that I need to be seen.

So I wait.

Oh, update on Evan's surgery. The tuber removal went well, but there are still some seizures happening, so another surgery may be in the works, to remove just a bit more of the area, and hopefully stop those seizures for good. We are all thinking well for you Evan.

(EDIT) - About 10:30 pm. I've returned from the clinic with 2 stitches in the back of my left hand. I really am thankful for modern pain meds. The Novocaine used on my wound made the whole procedure painless. And the PA did quite a bit of scrubbing to clean it out, then showed another technician what my nicked tendon looked like, and finally sutured me up. All in all, not a bad visit to the clinic. I will have to take antibiotics because the wound was so deep. Just a precautionary measure, since I did damage the sheath on the tendon too. And an infection in that could really turn ugly fast.

Thank you Mary for driving me to the clinic, and waiting on me to get doctored up! I love you!

1 comment:

Chile said...

Ouch! Good thing you missed the nerves.

I guess this gets you out of washing dishes for a while though. (Shh, don't mention rubber gloves.)