Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Wrundown

Pardon the horrible title but I thought it was a bit cute.

Anyway, Mary and I had a slow-ish weekend. She is grading exam papers from her class, and studying for her own exams. I've been knocking about, doing the small odd jobs and little things around the house that needed doing.

Mary had a few of her coworkers ask her about being vegan and sweets. They are under the impression that Mary can't eat sweets, because nobody in the whole world knows how to make things without eggs, milk, and butter. WRONG! Mary asked me to make some of my vegan brownies to "show off" a bit. I did that, and I made a double batch of vegan fudge to go with her also. If they don't like the brownies (I'm sure they will though) they will LOVE the fudge.
I'll hear back on the treats tomorrow.

Laundry was done. Dishes washed. Kitchen tidied up. Firewood brought in. Kindling chopped. Groceries purchased. Carrots chopped into sticks. Bell peppers hacked into bite sized pieces. Hummus made. Soup for dinner last night - Mary wanted something with mushrooms and onions, so I whipped up a delicious soup for us. Dinner tonight was Spicy Mongolian Noodles.
For dessert, we enjoyed half of a freshly picked Florida orange.

Overall, a very relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I guess I should've posted a reply to this one, but somehow I missed it (all those exams, you know).

The vegan sweets drew rave reviews, and even furtive seconds from a prof who is limiting treats.

I'm so lucky!