Monday, February 18, 2008

Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins!

Muffins.
Simple and frugal creations, able to be grabbed from the kitchen by the kids, my wife and me. All love them, and they come in individual serving size. I love the silicone baking pans that I've been using to bake them. The muffins come right out of the little cups, and they are much easier to clean than the old metal pans. (I use the metal pans to hold the silicone pans, and they insulate them perfectly, so that my muffin bottoms don't get scorched.) And with the silicone, they don't stick to the inside, so no oil is needed either.

Anyway, how wholesome is home-made, goodness? Better than "grandma" used to make? No, but great anyway. Home ground whole-wheat flour, rolled oats, a little bit of raw sugar, some baking powder, chocolate chunks, cocoa powder, dash of salt, ground flax seeds, apple sauce, vanilla, and some water to make it into a batter. Spoon into cups, bake for 28 minutes, and perfection! Yummy VEGAN, low-fat muffins that nobody would guess were vegan, or low fat. Absolutely delectable. Oh, and no added flavor enhancers!

I sometimes make these "dessert" muffins to take to pot-luck lunches. Mainly because so many people love chocolate, they always go over well.
I think I use about $2 worth of ingredients, and come out with 24 muffins. Can't beat the price of home made.

No comments: