Sunday, February 03, 2008

Simple Weekend

Sometimes I equate simple, with rest. Like this weekend. I spent several hours doing a whole lot of simple things. Cleaning, laundry, reading, bathing, and such. I even went for a few walks, a bike ride to the bank, and ate up leftovers from the fridge. I didn't feel like cooking, since it was just me in the house, so I ate what I had cooked on Friday.

I turned on the "classical" radio station, and listened to beautiful music all day Sunday. I got my side of the bedroom tidied up, and swept up the floor. I didn't tackle the under the bed stuff, since I didn't want to work ALL day! That can wait until Mary is here to help.

Mary's psychopsis orchid is blooming. I say hers, because it was one of the ones she picked out at the orchid show back in October. Here is a picture of one that I found on the net, but I'll post of picture of hers when I can find a camera. It is really a spectacular plant, and the flower stalk is about 2 1/2 feet high, with that flower sitting pretty right on top!

I'm going to be doing a little bit of cooking for dinner, just don't quite know what I'm going to be making. I need to grind some wheat for muffins, but after that... I don't know.

I do feel well rested, and have soaked up plenty of alone time this weekend.

No comments: