Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Last of the free

apples were done tonight. I still have a few from Dad's trees left, but they will be done tomorrow evening. And that will be the apples for the year. I've figured that 4 bushels of apples, dried, sauced and apple buttered are about all we will need. Our family will be enjoying these apples for the next winter, I'm sure.

Blueberries planted! Yes, we got them in the ground today. The lingonberries, strawberries, cranberries and wintergreen plants are all in, and happily watered and tucked in with leaves and grass mulch. That should keep them happy until the next rains.

Between all of that we had a lovely dinner of veggie pot-pie. Everyone had seconds, except Samuel, who just ate because he was hungry.

Now it will be on to other projects. I'm not sure what. Oh, researching the D.C./Northern VA Solar Homes tour that will take place this weekend. Mary and I need to figure out which ones we want to see.

Mary has also requested help with a website for her business, so I will help with that too.

No comments: