Friday, October 27, 2006

Long time since last post

Hello.

It has been a couple of weeks since I got a chance to post anything.

I haven't seen Kyle since the last post, and I'm missing him terribly.

I've been working around the house, doing this and that, getting ready for the winter and such.

I've ridden zippy scooter to work a few times, since it was cold. I've decided a windscreen and a pair of Hippo Hands was in order to at least keep me a little warm. I did bundle up in snow pants, and a couple of jackets, so I wasn't totally frozen. On the contrary, only my hands were a bit cold at the fingertips. And that told me I needed wind protection. So, I'll wait and get the windscreen and the hand guards on, then I'll ride some more!

The kids are growing up, and doing pretty well. Tori came by and had some good chats with her mother, and Eliza is still calling and seems to be doing well in Hungary (or is it Italy on a field trip?)

Samuel and I went camping last weekend. I had taken time off work to be able to go on Friday and overnight until Saturday. Mary was going to go, but she had some sleep deprivation problems, that were aggravated by Miriam's falling down the stairs at school. Anyway, Mary and Miriam had a big row, and Mary wasn't feeling up to going camping. She stayed behind and slept. Mary slept most of the day Friday, and then all night, awaking fresh and much more herself on Saturday morning. She came up to the campsite (only about 20 miles away) had breakfast and hiked with Samuel and I, and helped us break camp. It was a good time.

Not much else going on here, the routine things of cooking wonderful vegan meals and learning more about eating around the world.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Liza says "it wasn't a field trip. It was a Rotary trip. There were no fields involved that she could see."

Smart alecky kid!

So tomorrow might qualify- she and another exchange student are going shopping in Budapest.