Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lentils with Wheat Berries

This is a simple dish I came up with about 2 weeks ago, just as something for Mary and I to have when the kids weren't around. But, there were leftovers! And the kids ate them! So, I'm making it again for dinner tonight. I'm steaming up some veggies to have on the side as well. Simple and yummy!

I rode Zippy to work today. The rain had stopped but the roads were a little slick. I managed to stay warm. It wasn't difficult, since it was almost 60 degrees outside. Riding the scooter is so much fun! I really enjoy that silly thing!

I do want to get a motorcycle designation on my permit, so that I can ride some larger machines. I might just want to get a 250 cc cycle next year! Who knows. I love the fact that it is so much more environmentally friendly than the car. And fun to ride. Even when it is cold outside the feeling of the wind is great. I definitely have lost my fear of the thing. I still respect it though.

Looking forward to my birthday getaway tomorrow. Mary and I are sneaking out of town to have some rest and relaxation down in Virginia. More on that next week.

Late Breaking News:
I just got off the phone with my son Kyle. We had a lovely conversation about school, band and such. All was going fine until I asked him if he was still planning to go with us to Christiansburg next Friday. He chose not to go. Instead he is going to a birthday party. I didn't even ask who's birthday party it is, I really don't care. If he is trying to piss me off, he has succeeded. I really was looking forward to seeing him, and taking him down to see his grandparents. Also, it will have been almost 3 months since I've seen him, due to the band thing. I won't get to see him until December, IF THEN! He may choose to not see me then either.
I'm human. I build up hopes and expectations of seeing him, based on his word, saying that he would definitely come on that visit, and now he breaks my heart again. How many times is he going to do that to me? Am I lost to him? Is he lost to me?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hang in there...remember, you're dealing with a teenager now. Those years are wonderful yet difficult at the same time. Of course he loves you, it's just soooo hard not to be selfish at that age...I know you're old now (wink wink), but I'm sure you can remember what it's like!