Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rain

We had lots of rain over the last 2 days. Enough to fill my rain barrels. You see, last weekend, I emptied them, so that I could store them for the winter. I just opened the hoses, and let the water run into the ground. The beautiful thing is, there was no runoff. All the water was absorbed by the soil.

So now I'll have to wait until next week, when the rain has soaked in, and such, then release the water again, and then get the downspouts back in shape. Ah, gardening!

Talk was political today, and there were lots or worried Republicans and jubilant Democrats around. It was a good day for my family, as only a few of us canceled out the other's votes. And those were for lesser races.

Tonight, Mary and I are going to hear Miriam speak at Church. She will be speaking on integrity. We are both very proud of our 13 year-old daughter! It takes a lot of guts to get up in front of an entire congregation and give a talk!

No comments: