Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend Update:

Mary and I had an enjoyable day yesterday... er, wait. I had an enjoyable day yesterday, working outside, cutting down the ornamental grasses, and getting them up to the compost pile, taking out the big bush that will be replaced this spring by a Fig tree, and generally playing outside. Meanwhile my beautiful wife was doing taxes! Not really fun for her, but she wanted to do it, and I sure do appreciate her for doing it. The best way to support Mary while she is doing taxes is to bring her a cup of tea once in a while, but basically keep away from her and don't distract her.
I also swept up the wood chips that we laid down during the ice storm. Because, they were calling for more ice on Sunday. But we were lucky, we got 3-4 inches of snow! It is absolutely beautiful. After the taxes were done, Mary and I worked on plans for a trellis for the kiwi vines we are wanting to plant. It will take some doing, so planning is essential.

Mary cleaned off the car, and shoveled the driveway while I was baking fat-free corn chips. I went out after I was done, and cleaned off my car, and shoveled it out, and cleaned up the little bit of snow that had collected after Mary had finished. Anyway we got that done.

Tori came over today, and she was the proud recipient of a new rice cooker! She had been wanting one, and Mary and I got out about a week ago and picked one up for her. She seemed very pleased and surprised that we had got that for her. Happy Valentine's Day! (Family joke.)
The funny thing was, I had hidden it in plain sight, and she missed it when she came through the front door.

Mary is talking with Eliza in Hungary. Eliza seems to be doing well, and enjoying herself.

I finished 2 books this weekend. The first was Sidney Poitier's The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography and the second was Hunters of Dune, the seventh installment in Frank Herbert's classic Dune series. And for following those I'm reading Dr. Esselstyn's book Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. That last one is the most interesting of all! He details how to prevent and even better, REVERSE heart disease!

That is the news I have for now.

No comments: