Saturday, September 09, 2006

Blueberry bed begun

It's true that the digging and turning and amending and more digging will make the blueberries grow better... but golly is it a lot of work.

Mary recommended that we increase the size of the bed, so that we can have lots of space for the blueberries, and the loganberries, and the wintergreen, and the cranberries. So there will be plenty of growing space.

I'm a bit sore from all the digging, and I didn't even get it a quarter done yet! I'll need to get more bales of peat, but won't take long. It is the intensive labor that is the hard part.

We don't have any of the kids here today, so we can do whatever WE want for a change. Mary and I are planning a leisurely afternoon together, and perhaps contra dancing tonight. That sounds like fun to me, I'll just need to get some rest and food before then.

No comments: