Thursday, December 07, 2006

Clean out the fridge/freezer soup for dinner.

Well, I've been saving little bits of veggies, rice, wheat berries, for quite some time. I took it all out of the fridge, tossed it in the big pot, added some soup mix, a can of crushed tomatoes, and some chopped celery, a few spices and, drum roll please... "Dinner"! It tastes pretty darn good and will be ready for whenever anyone wants to eat. I think I'll make a batch of corn cakes to go with the soup.

I think this weekends project will be to make some garden bed frames from 2x4s and pvc hoops. I'll go over to Home Depot and get some 2x4s and some deck screws to put them together. I'll also use some clamps to hold the hoops on the 2x4s. I may need to rig it so that it doesn't blow away, so some extra PVC stakes may also go with it. I'll post later how that goes.

No comments: