Friday, December 29, 2006

Apple Trees

I worked on pruning Dad's apple trees yesterday. There were lots of suckers, and trimming them was easy with my brand new reciprocating saw. The trees are dwarf, so we have them pruned down to about 10 feet high. It took me about 2 hours per tree and I got both of them done. The kids came out and cleared the branches away, and tossed them over the back fence. They were troopers!

It has been a nice trip. It has been especially nice to see Kyle. He has been a little careless of late and hurt himself a couple of times. It seems he got a wood carving set for Christmas. He was carving something when the very sharp chisel slipped and cut the base of his thumb on his opposite hand. That was before I picked him up. And last night, he was racing his Uncle Kirk, and lost his footing and skinned his knee and hand. (He may have fallen so that he could have an excuse for losing a footrace to a man 20 years older than he is!) - Just kidding Kyle.
Anyway, Kyle must be in that clumsy stage at 15.

My brother and sister asked all the kids over for a "sleep over" last night. I don't know how much sleep they got, because they haven't come back yet. I'm pretty sure they all were hanging out, watching movies and cutting up most of the night. I think they had fun though, even if they are sleepy today.

A very good holiday visit.

No comments: