Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wonderful Wednesday

It was a great day hanging out with my family. It made that drive on Tuesday worth it! My uncle came down, and my brother had retrieved my grandmother from her house, and we all were enjoying each other all day. My folks had laid out a snacky spread on the dining room table, and we snacked all day long. The kids amused themselves, or hung out with us and generally had a great time. My niece is 5 and she had a wonderful day! It is so good to connect with family.

Dad had purchased some firewood, and Mom asked me to build a "little" fire. I tried to keep it from getting too big, but sometimes it is more difficult to maintain a small fire than a large one. I managed pretty well, and it was warm and toasty in the family room all day.

Conversations ranged from current events to old family stories. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have all of them around.

Today will be a slower day, with Dad taking Granny back home, me and the kids doing some apple tree pruning, and just hanging out after that.

No comments: