Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sick Days

It is true. Even vegans get a cold once in a while. Eating healthy food doesn't keep those cold viruses away. Luckily for me, it is only about once a year. And I have plenty of PTO (Personal Time Off) saved up.

My cold struck yesterday morning early. I had a sore throat, and my voice was going. A hacking, dry cough accompanied the sore throat. So I filled my pocket with cough drops, and went off to work. I spent 2 hours at work, with everyone asking me why I sounded so bad. After that, and realizing that my sore throat was getting worse, I told my boss, I was leaving. I came home, drank some herbal tea, and slept. I laid around the house all day yesterday, even when I wasn't sleeping. I got some reading done, but that was about it.

I got to bed early, and slept fitfully. I still had the sore throat this morning, so, I called out sick AGAIN! So I'm laying around, drinking huge amounts of fluids, spraying my throat with Chloraseptic spray, and sucking on cough drops. I hope I'll be well enough to go back to work tomorrow.

If not, well, it will be a long weekend. But I would much rather use my time off to get something done, not being sick. But, I consider myself lucky that I generally don't get sick often.

Tip for the day: Wash hands often!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hang in there. It seems those nasty cold germs have been running ramped around here. I know lots of people at work that have been battling the cold.

James said...

Thanks bunches, Sis! I think I have the upper hand on this cold thing now. I may actually feel well enough to go to work tomorrow.

Love to all there,

James