Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow, Rain

I feel like such a kid, watching the fluffy white flakes coming down. I love the stuff. I get so giddy when the first snows come. I love the way the world looks covered in the white blankets of winter. Fantastic, how the sun glints off the billions of diamonds and dazzles the senses. That crisp smell of dry air, and the awesome silence of the snow absorbing sounds, deadening loud noises and swallowing the soft sounds.
The snows came to our area today. Not too much, but enough to make everyone grumble and gripe about driving and such. Not me. I was trying to contain utter joy at seeing the white stuff. I felt like the only positive person in a sea of pessimism. So what if the snow is cold! So what if it makes it a bit more of a challenge to get home? So what if I have to clean off my car, run the defroster and drive slowly? I get to see the wonder of snow!

The rain started much later, around dark. I think it will melt some of the snow, but if it freezes tonight, will make chipping my car out a challenge tomorrow morning. But I'll be enjoying that too!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I like the snow too! You're not the only one who gets silly when it snows. I put out big bowls to catch clean snow so we could make snow "cream". And I seem to remember walking in the snow with you. . .

Glad we're together!